Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Anniversary Update

Last year for our Anniversary I made a fancy dinner. I had our fine china set out and sparkling cider, everything ready at the same time, and the table all set.

Ty was late coming home, so I had to reheat everything, but it was okay, it would still taste great. Just as we got sat down to eat, he gets a call out- for Accident Team Reconstruction on a fatal car accident. He didn't get home until 10:30 -11:00.

So this year Ty said he would just take me out to dinner.
-He was planning on bringing me flowers at work, but I had the 24 hour bug that I was getting over so I didn't go to work.
-He was also planning on getting off two hours early, but there was an accident that he had to wait for a tow truck to pull a kid out of the ditch.
-So then that put him later than he wanted so he didn't have time to pick up the flowers he wanted cause it would put him a half hour later than his normal time to get off.
After we dropped off Kylee and head to dinner, he said I could pick wherever I wanted since he didn't get to pick up flowers... and he gets a call that they need someone from Accident Reconstruction to evaluate and accident.
We could not believe it. Two years in a row on the exact same day. Luckily they just needed help on some markings and we were only there about a half hour.

We then enjoyed (me, more than Ty) dinner at Red Lobster, and an enjoyable walk on the Temple grounds where it all began. (We were supposed to make it to the movie, but it was too late.)

When we plan things something always happens. When we don't plan, our life is boring.
Overall we had an enjoyable night and will have something to look back on and laugh.

No comments: