Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kylee Bug has not been feeling good the last few days. She is so stuffy that she had a hard time eating, and her little eyes keep weeping. She is not a puker, but she puked two nights in a row, and then a week later, three nights in a row. I tried to notice what I had eaten those time she had puked. I know there are a lot of variables, but both days I had eaten bacon, and pepperoni. Ty's family has a history of being allergic to pork - Ty, his mom, and his grandma. So I thought there was a pretty good chance she could be too.

I took her to the doctor to see what he thought we needed to do. Its not that she is not getting enough food cause she weighed 9 lbs 8 oz. That is almost three pounds in six weeks. Cream, baby!!

But I was not satisfied with the doctors diagnosis to let her "just grow out of it". So I took her to an allergy doctor that uses NAET - Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques (Look it up or ask us about it, it is something Ty and I can testify to) and she is allergic to my milk. Not so bad that she throws up everytime she eats, but that is why her eyes has been watery since birth. I had the doctor test her for pork just to see before he tested her for my milk, and sure enough she was allergic to the perservites that are specific to pork processed foods. That was exactly what Ty was allergic to also, and now he can eat it whenever he wants.

With curing allergies using NAET you have to have a little tube on your skin for 25 hours-- that was interesting keeping it on her, but it spent most of the time in her diaper. This morning she held on to it while we bathed.
I have also caught something that has made me all congested and sore throat. It could be a combination of a few things; the terrible smoke that has been in the air from all the fires, stressing about my pressious baby being sick, and stressing about NOT wanting to go back to work. I was supposed to go back this week, but I pushed it out until after Labor day.

We are also trying to get our house cleaning done as well as my mom's house for this weekend's company. We are blessing Kylee and looking forward to spending time the our families.

3 comments:

Josh and Jenni said...

Oh wow!! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that!! I'm glad you were able to find out what it was, so are you having to put her on formula now?? I hope she gets all better, and can't wait to see you guys Sunday!! And I know you don't want to come back to work, I totally understand!! I'll try to make it as easy as possible for you :)

Lara said...

I am glad you found out what was wrong. I am sorry you have to go back to work. Who will be watching little Kylee?

Steph, Ty, and Kylee said...

Ty is off on Mondays so she will get to spend the day with her dad, and then my parents have moved up to Saint George, so my mom will watch her Tue and Wed afternoons, and Thurs all day.