Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update on Life

Its been such a long time since I have had a chance to sit down and update my blog, and to look at everyone's blog. Things have been going really well. Ty finished my Pantry so I got that loaded and realize the things I am missing from my food storage, but its great. Up until a few weeks ago, depending on the shirt I wore, I could hide if I wanted to that I was pregnant but not anymore.

At my last doctors appointment we told him that we could not tell for SURE if it was a girl or a boy, so he said we could schedule another ultrasound when I was about 26 weeks. By then the baby will be getting a lot bigger and hopefully we will be able to get some better pictures.

I have been able to feel the baby move for a few weeks now, but one night we were getting ready for bed and I had read somewhere that after five months you could hear the heartbeat with a stethoscope. Ty was listening but he couldn't hear anything. Just as he went to put it away I said, "Ty the baby is kicking" he put his hand on my belly to feel and said, "That's you! Your doing that." I told him that I cannot suck in or push out. He couldn't believe how strong she was kicking. This was something I have been waiting for. It was so much fun to share the experience with Ty.

A couple nights later Lisa came back from the weekend and wanted to feel the baby, but nothing is consistent yet. We had both headed to bed and I yelled for her to come feel the baby. I told her I she was kicking but I didn't know how long it would last. But she continued to kick for her. It is a great bonding for Lisa and I, and also the baby.

4 comments:

Josh and Jenni said...

Hey, How do I become a follower to your Blog?? I can't figure it out!! haha but whats new!!

Gardiners said...

Congratulations on the baby!! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Tyrell and I were friends in high school and I am excited to see what is going on in his life. Please tell him hi for me and tell him congratulations too. Rebekah

Josh and Jenni said...

Hey Steph. I thought I told you I started a blog? And about the puppy?? I'm sorry I really thought I did. I know I didn't tell you about the move because I'm a little embarrassed about having to move into my parents home. I'm sorry!! But yes I do need to become a more open person.But yeah show me how to add a friend's list!! Thanks!!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Hey Steph, congrats on the baby. When are you due? I found your blog of Shay's so I thought I would sneak a peek. You look great. We are having number 3 and it's a girl the first of June! Keep us posted. You are cute pregnant!