Friday, January 9, 2009

Second Doctor Appointment

Today was our second doctor appointment. Ty and I got to hear the baby's heart beat. The doctor said it might take a min to be able to hear the baby instead of mine-but we heard it right away. It was beating about 144 beats per minute. According to the "pencil" trick it says we are having a boy. The doctor said the myth on the heart beat ranges from 120 to 160, and the higher end means a girl. So in 6 weeks we will see which crazy myth was right. At 18 weeks we will get to do an ultra sound to see what the baby really is.
I am 12 weeks along and doing pretty well. I feel pretty good. I don't get nauseous in the mornings very often, but I am still waiting for my energy to come back.
This is something I have been waiting for since I was 3. My mom was pregnant with my brother. When I was in the Cinderella Pagent many, many years ago. I was doing my on-stage interview and the guy asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told him, "I want to be fat like my mom and have a baby in my belly!" I am NOT saying anything about my mom, but the baby in my belly has come true. It is all new, but very exciting for all the new changes.

3 comments:

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

I'm so happy for you two. The doctor appointments are so much fun, just knowing everything is going great it's such a relief. If you need anything just let me know.

Allyson said...

That is so exciting! Babies are so much fun!

Williams Family said...

HEY STEPH JUST HAD TO SAY HI AND SEE YOUR LITTLE BABY CUTE BLOG AND MISS YA HAVE AGREAT NIGHT