Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Ty!

We went out to dinner with some friends (Dave and Shay, and Rich and Brook) on Monday to Cafe Rio and then to Nielsons for custard. We had such a good time. It is sad that we have to wait for such occasions to get together, but that just seems how life is. The week previous Ty bought a new "boy toy" so I told him that was his birthday present too. So when his birthday really came we had already been celebrating for a week.
Normally he works late on Wednesday so I had it all planned to get a few surprises done around the house getting ready for his birthday on Thursday. I got home at 6 o'clock and started dinner for Lisa and I, and 6:30 in walks Ty. Lisa had to push him back outside so I could hide the project I was working on. His shoulder is still not feeling very well so I asked him to stay in the front room and veg until I got it done.

I just so happened that we had a movie to return, which worked out perfect. I had made plans with one of the Seargent that she would put the stuff on his desk if I got it to her that night. But after talking to Dave, and his connections, he got me right into Ty's office. Lisa and I walked into the PD in pajama pants and slippers and decorated Ty's office.
I had text Ty and told him Lisa just wanted to practice driving and needed to talk and he bought it hook, line and sinker.


Then because he had come home so early on Wed I wasn't able to get a special lunch or dinner ready. Aunt Marge bought him a pie, we went over there for lunch and Ty shared his Banana Cream Croshaws Pie. It was a good thing I hadn't planned a dinner cause Ty had to work at City Council. So my next plan was to get a kids meal at Burger King and give him the crown to wear. (but wait it gets better) Just as I was headed to fulfill my next mission, he said they were done and he was going to be heading home. Now that dinner at home I didn't get to prepare- yeah that would have come in handy. I hurried home trying to find something that was not in a box like Mac and Cheese. I had the table all set and dinner almost ready when he got home. Just as we were ready to put the steaks on, he got a call out for an accident.

So what did we do for Ty's birthday, I was home and fell asleep waiting for him.
He said he still had a good birthday eventhough nothing worked out to our advantage.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

haha pjamas and slippers who does that? jk thats my regular wardrobe lol. it was fun even though it wasnt what we planned...Womenizer,Womenizer,....na na na nana na na nana na

Matt and Jacki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Jacki said...

You've gotta love the unexpected things in life. We hope you had a great birthday. Love ya!!

Emily & Eric said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!